5 Short Stories To Read With Your Partner This Valentine’s Day
Heart-shaped goodies all around, candle-lit dinners set up, love all around in the air – you know what that means, it’s finally Valentine’s time of the year! While you could do the usual romantic things for your partner like cook a meal or watch a film, to get in the spirit, you could try reading together. No, we don’t mean books and serious novels, rather some stories that are based on love and centered around couples.
Sit down together, and pick what stories rings closest to your heart:
- Snowed-in at the Chalet – A winter delight, this story is perfect to read while snuggling up to your partner. Grab your thickest blanket, make a hot batch of chocolate milk, and soak in the last stretch of winter. A good reminder to be grateful for what you have, find this story here.
2. Coffee Kiss – If you’re a hopeless romantic like us, this story is perfect for you. Coffee Kiss revolves around a young woman who has a tiny little crush on a barista, and she knows the feeling is mutual. A little misunderstanding sets them off path the general route of love, but they end up finding their way back to each other.
3. 50 Years of Togetherness – This story will remind you that when you’re in love, time really does fly by; so hold on to your partner’s hand and live out the course of this life. Together. Following the lives of a couple who are hosting a grand party to celebrate their 50th anniversary, courtesy of their kids, they look back on the rendezvous of their youth, and tell us being silly doesn’t have an age limit. Read the full story here.
4. Not Just One Love Story – Perfect if you like your love stories with a little twist in them. This story is based in multiple cities, and broadly follows the theme of remorse. A young man retraces his steps to get back to the city he knew so well, for a girl he just couldn’t forget. Read it here.
5. Secret Love Song – An LGBT love story about a young man who struggles to break up with his girlfriend for a reason he knows society won’t accept. He is gay. While he struggles to come to terms with how he is going to break the news to her, he realizes he is in for a rude shock.
Tell us some of your favourite love stories (we just can’t get enough of them!) and let us know which ones you enjoyed the most in the comments section!