How Content Marketing Can Make Your Not-So-Different Product Stand Out
Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and coherent content to attract and retain a clearly defined audience — and, of course, ultimately, drive profitable customer action.
Content marketing allows you to create a compelling environment where your prospects can learn how your product adds value in their life. But it is not just that, content marketing can help your product stand out amongst competition, and build brand preference.
Instead of hard selling your products or services, what influences most is relevant and valuable content that helps your target audience resolve their problems.
Here are 5 ways content marketing makes you stand out in an overcrowded market and become a force to be reckoned with:
1. Content marketing enhances the perceived value of your product or service
When you create valuable and relevant content, your prospects and customers will begin to see your product or service in a whole new light. Content marketing can make even the most mundane products and services appear far more valuable than they may actually be. Research has shown that content marketing can increase the perceived value of a product or service by up to 35%.
2. It allows you to build trust with your audience
In today’s market, customers are bombarded with so many choices that it can be challenging to know whom to trust. By creating and distributing quality content, you can quickly build trust and credibility with your target audience. In fact, 78% of customers say they would only purchase from a brand they trust.
3. Content marketing can help you differentiate your product or service
It can be challenging to make yourself stand out from the crowd in a world with so many products and services to choose from. Content marketing allows you to do just that by helping you create unique and compelling use cases that will grab attention and get noticed.
4. Content marketing lets you build relationships with your customers
Customers want to feel like they are more than just a transaction in today’s market. You can build relationships with your target audience and turn them into brand advocates by creating quality content.
5. Helps you become a thought leader in your industry
If you want to be seen as an authority in your industry, content marketing is the way to go. By creating quality content regularly, you can quickly become a thought leader and earn the respect of your peers.
You will have to adopt some intentional measures to set your content, and hence your product or service, apart from the competition – and get more eyeballs on it from consumers.
- Ensure your content dives deep into your audience’s goals and pain points, encouraging them to engage with your brand via social media, email, blog, etc.
- Try creating educational, helpful, and engaging content about the core value proposition or the technical context of your product or service, highlighting the use case.
- Deliver relevant content at relevant points during a reader’s purchase decision journey to help build trust and improve engagement. The content you produce should be helpful and deliver the needed message to the right person at the right time and in the proper context.
Content marketing is a powerful tool that can help you make your product or service stand out in even the most crowded marketplaces.
If you are not using content marketing or not using it to its full potential, now is the time to get going.
(Photo Credits: Pixabay)